My Cookie Countdown starts today!!!!!!!
Praline-Topped Blondies from RealSimple.com
Makes 16 blondies
Hands-on Time: 15m
Total Time: 2hr 15m
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with the cooking spray. Line the pan with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides; spray the parchment with the cooking spray.
2. Make the blondie: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and mix in the brown sugar and vanilla. One at a time, mix in the eggs; mix in the flour mixture until just combined (do not overmix).
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, 25 to 28 minutes. Cool completely in the pan.
5. Make the praline topping: In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla, 1 tablespoon of water, and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over the cooled blondies and sprinkle with the pecans. Let the topping set, 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan, transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 16 squares. Store the blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Chocolate lover? Skip the praline topping and mix 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter.
Serving Size: 1 blondie
Calories 219; Calories From Fat 93; Fat 10g; Sat Fat 5g; Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 171mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 30g; Sugar 23g; Fiber 1g; Iron 1mg; Calcium 29mg