Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Recipe Tuesday ... Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Peanut Butter-Cup Cookies
Makes 48 cookies
Hands-on Time: 15m
Total Time: 40m
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 12-ounce package small peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
3. Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until light brown around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
The cookies can be baked and stored at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days in advance.
Calories 90; Fat 4g; Sat Fat 2g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 72mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 12g
These are yummy and a good treat for the kiddos. Enjoy