I was in the mood for Soup today because I need comfort.
Hands-on Time: 10m
Total Time: 30m
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 onion, thinly sliced
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1 32-ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
* 1 dried ancho chili, thinly sliced, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
* 1 15-ounce can hominy, rinsed
* 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Add the broth, tomatoes, and chili and bring to a boil. Stir in the chicken and hominy and simmer until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the lime.
Frozen chicken can be roasted without defrosting. Add 50 percent more cooking time.
Calories 271; Fat 10g; Sat Fat 2g; Cholesterol 66mg; Sodium 788mg; Protein 26g; Carbohydrate 21g; Fiber 4g
See I told you I would do the recipe today, oh those who doubt me.