- Combine graham cracker crumbs and margarine in small bowl; stir with fork until crumbly. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
- Prepare pudding mix according to manufacturer's pie directions, using 2-1/2 cups milk. Gently stir in banana and cinnamon; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with additional whipped topping before serving, if desired.
Chocolate Pistachio Pie
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) cocoa, preferably Dutch-processed
- 12 tablespoon(s) (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 5 teaspoon(s) pistachio paste (available at kingarthurflour.com)
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) pistachios, finely chopped
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
- To Make Pie Dough: Stir together flour, sugar, salt, and cocoa in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry blender or a fork to cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse mealwith pea-size bits of butter throughout. (Or combine dry ingredients in a food processor, then pulse in butter.)
- Drizzle in 1 to 2 tablespoons of ice water at a time (up to 6 tablespoons total), tossing after each addition, and using only enough water to make dough clump together when squeezed. Add vanilla (if using).
- Pat dough into a 4-inch circle, tightly cover with plastic wrap or parchment, and chill for 30 minutes or up to 2 days (or freeze for up to 3 months).
- To Make Pie: Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut cold dough into 4 pieces and grate into a 9-inch pie plate using large holes of a box grater; work quickly to keep dough cold. Press dough into bottom, sides, and along the rim of pan to uniform thickness. Trim excess dough; crimp edges. Chill 20 minutes.
- Line shell with parchment paper and fill with rice or pie weights. Bake 10 to 12 minutes; remove rice and paper and bake until crust is cooked through, 8 to 10 more minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Whisk half-and-half, yolks, brown sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and bubbles. Cook 1 minute more; remove from heat. Stir in bittersweet chocolate, butter, and vanilla. Pour into pie shell; cool completely. Transfer to refrigerator to set, at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- When serving, make a topping by beating heavy cream, pistachio paste, and sugar (if using) in a cold bowl to soft peaks. Sprinkle pie with pistachios and chocolate shavings (if using); add a dollop of pistachio cream to each slice.
I hope you enjoy these!
Have a Rave of a Day!!!!