Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Cookies Recipes.... Ginger cookies ~my Favorite~

I am sharing my christmas cookie recipes, these are the ones I pass out to friends and neighbors. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. My Ginger cookie recipes is from my friend, Natasha, she has since moved to New Orleans and she is missed.

Ginger Cookies

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup of flour
2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground cloves

375° oven for 8 minutes.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl separate from wet ingredients. Cream butter and gradually add sugar, beat until fluffy. Add egg and molasses mix thoroughly . Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix together. Chill dough for at least an hour. After dough is chilled shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. place them 1 inch apart on a parchment lined pan or use silpat. Cook for 8 minutes for crispy outside chewy inside. Enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails