Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Austen stuff...

Since I am a big Jane Austen fan here are some things that I found around the net that involve her and her writings...

Do you know that there is a Jane Austen Society of America. Here is the Web link http://www.jasna.org/info/membership.html .

There is also a site called the Republic of Pemberley, everything you need to know about Jane, her novels and life. http://www.pemberley.com/




Quotes (some are so true to me)

Where so many hours have been spent in convincing myself that I am right, is there not some reason to fear I may be wrong?

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.

I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.


Find out which Jane Austen Heroine you are.

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!



I am so an Elinor Dashwood in public, shy and reserved but when you get to know me or I am at home with my family I am more of a Lizzie Bennett I think, very opinionated and self assertive.

I have been hooked on Jane Austen the last couple of days for some reason probably because I have lost my copy of the Pride and Prejudice DVD and It is my favorite movie of all time, it calms me down when I am upset or stressed. I also read her novels when I am in the same condition, they transcend me back to her time.

Ok enough about Jane today lets move on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails