Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Growing Up...


&



So I am sitting here at the Kitchen Table waiting for Minion  1 to get home from his friends.  He should be home by 5, one minute before 5 I get a phone call asking to stay longer and of course I say no and told him he should have already been on his way home.  Let the excuses begin, "I lost track of time"  "Andrew just got here"...   He wants a little freedom and independence and go over again and I am all for that, so I was hoping I would be able to trust him since this is his first time to stay over a friends and come home by himself.  So now I have the extreme pleasure of punishing him.  That is sarcasm if you don't know me very well.

I will tell him that he will need to earn my trust again and until he can he will not be able to go over his friends house.  Is that enough punishment for this infraction or does there need to be more? I believe it is, for now.

How do your children earn your trust to have a little bit of freedom and independence.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails