I don't know about you but Fall makes me think of Pumpkin and I love warm pumpkin bread on a cool fall morning with a steaming cup of coffee. This recipe is moist and very yummy.
Hands-on Time: 15m
Total Time: 1hr 20m
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling (not pure pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Oil a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin pie filling, oil, sugar, molasses, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
3. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen the bread from the pan. Invert it onto a cutting board. Serve warm.
The bread can be prepared and stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic, up to 1 day in advance.
Calories 381; Calories From Fat 26%; Fat 11g; Sat Fat 1g; Sodium 576mg; Carbohydrate 67g; Fiber 4g; Sugar 30g; Protein 4g