Hands-on Time: 15m
Total Time: 1hr 20m
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan.
2. Spoon the zucchini mixture into a 10-inch round glass pie plate or metal pie pan that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Buy firm zucchini with vibrantly colored skins. Choose smaller ones; they have fewer seeds and more flavor.
Calcium 255mg; Calories 289; Carbohydrate 20g; Cholesterol 122mg; Fat 18g; Fiber 1g; Iron 2mg; Protein 12mg; Sat Fat 6g; Sodium 723mg