Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So yeah....Recipe Tuesday

What can I say I missed the name and I missed the recipes so you get them back. I am just a world of indecision and I am sorry but that is me so get used to it. You all know you love me.

So today's recipe is Chicken Salad, since it is about to be Spring I thought I would do a Springy recipe plus I love the Barefoot Contessa's recipes they are usually so easy and so good.


Chicken Salad Veronique

2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
40 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
4 servings

Ingredients

  • 4 split (2 whole) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
  • Good olive oil
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
  • 1 cup small-diced celery (2 stalks)
  • 1 cup green grapes, cut in 1/2

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a sheet pan and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside until cool.
When the chicken is cool, remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones. Cut the chicken into a 3/4-inch dice. Place the chicken in a bowl; add the mayonnaise, tarragon leaves, celery, grapes, 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and toss well.
I usually add swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato and use a good artisan bread like Ciabatta or a good French loaf.

Hope your day is as beautiful as mine is today, there is not a cloud in the sky.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails