Friday, November 13, 2009

Remembering the Fort Hood Soldiers





I have been debating on posting how I felt about what happened at Fort Hood for a week, a while ago I told myself to back off of the politics but today I was reading about updates up the soldiers that were hurt and I caught myself wondering why a Soldier,a Doctor, no matter his/her political views would cause harm to his fellow soldiers. Plus him being a Doctor, no less, because the first rule for a Doctor is not to cause harm. The soldiers and people he took his aggressions out on were innocent, they were there to serve their country, to take care of its citizens and to protect us from terrorist threats, not to have one come into their domain and threaten them. No matter how you feel about the war in Iraq or Afghanistan or our current leaders, a soldier is there to serve and protect not to pass judgement, they took an oath to protect the United States of America and its citizens. They are to be respected and honored.

I came across a video today from the Austin American Statesman and it made me tear up. Photojournalist capture the hearts and soul of people through their work


1 comment:

Texasholly said...

So so sad. Beautifully emotional pictures - thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails