Mustard-Tarragon Roast Chicken With Egg Noodles
Hands-on Time: 30m
Total Time: 1hr 15m
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 12-ounce package egg noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the garlic, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast until cooked through, about 45 minutes.
3. During the last 15 minutes of roasting, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Add the parsley and the remaining oil and toss to coat. Transfer the chicken to individual plates. Place the pan containing the drippings over medium-high heat. Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping the bits from the bottom of the pan, until the wine reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Divide the noodles among the plates and spoon the sauce over the top.
To encourage browning, use a shallow, heavy pan. The more surface area exposed to the oven's heat, the crispier the skin gets.
Calories 763; Calories From Fat 32%; Fat 27g; Cholesterol 235mg; Sodium 595mg; Carbohydrate 67g; Fiber 3g; Sugar 1g; Protein 62g