Song of the Day:
Well Thought Out Twinkles - Silversun Pickups
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Makes 4 servings
Hands-on Time: 0hr 10m
Total Time: 0hr 35m
This recipe is: Kid Friendly, Quick & Easy
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces Parmesan, thinly sliced
1. Heat grill to medium. Place the eggplant and tomatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides of the eggplant and tomato slices with 4 tablespoons of the oil. Season with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Grill until tender, about 2 minutes per side for the tomatoes, 5 minutes per side for the eggplant. Transfer to a large bowl and toss gently; the tomato slices will fall apart slightly.
2. Brush the chicken with the remaining oil and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice each breast into quarters.
3. Spoon the eggplant and tomatoes over the chicken and top with the Parmesan.
When grilling eggplants or other vegetables, make the slices thin, so the inside becomes tender before the outside turns black.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calcium 201mg; Calories 423; Calories From Fat 52%; Carbohydrate 15g; Cholesterol 91mg; Fat 25g; Fiber 7g; Iron 2mg; Protein 37mg; Sat Fat 6g; Sodium 576mgReal Simple, September 2005