Thursday, July 17, 2008

So much has happened...

This month has been a whirlwind of emotions, good, bad and horrible ones. It started out good, we were going to the lake to visit my parents on the 4th holiday and when we got there horrible news came. My brother in law Jon's son had been horribly injured in what we all thought at the time to be an accident. Jon was working in Galveston and his son was in Florida, so he had to fly to orlando in a hurry. By the time Jon got there his son was on life support with a massive head injury and not expected to live. Jon had a hard decision to make and in the massive sadness and disbelief of what happened to his son, he decided to donate the boy's organs and turn off the machines. Later the truth came out about what happened to my poor little nephew. Here is the link. It is just too hard to write about it and I have cried enough over it. I couldn't make myself to go to the funeral or really tell my children what had happened to a favorite cousin. So we are finally back home from our long trip and getting on with our lives. The kids are playing normally and telling me what a good time they had playing with the remaining cousins on J's side of the family. This poor little boy got dealt a bad mother who abandoned both of Jon's kids in Florida with a person they didn't know, who they thought they could trust. How do you teach your kids to trust people... Rest in Peace little man.

3 comments:

The Mom said...

That is awful! Prayers with your family.

Mollie said...

OMGosh Shannon! I'm sickened by this... I am soo sorry!! My thoughts are with you and your whole family.

Shannon Palmer-Realtor said...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. My BIL received a letter yesterday from the donor recipients, it eased things a little bit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails