Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quiet


It is so quiet in the house right now it is kind of spooky. The only sound is coming from the doves up on the chimney. My Z is growing up so fast, today I need to go register him for Kindergarten, I know they grow up but I like this age he is at, he still listens to me most of the time. He will go to Kinder and start listening to his friends and ignoring me. J does that now and talks back and I hate it. What can you do about that, is it just a phase. If it is a phase my sister never grew out of it. I punish my kids, they get time outs, get things taken away and I spank them also, nothing seems to work. I even try to talk to them, on their level of course but as always it goes in one ear and out the other.

On a good note Z is progressing well in his Speech Therapy. He talks more plainly and can say most of his S sounds and is working well on his F, Y and L sounds. I am hoping to be done with speech by the end of his Kindergarten year, I really don't like him being labeled as special needs, it could lead to problems later down the road.

I need to buckle down on my own education needs now that both of the boys will be in school full time come fall, I think I have finally decided to pursue education, I am not telling anyone just yet, especially my mother who always puts me down for it. I really don't know why she does it, but it makes me feel so bad, I think that is what has taken me so long to decide what I was going to do for a career. I pursed education right out of high school but I can still remember what she said to me when I told her, You need to be an excellent student to become a teacher and I don't think you will be good enough, now why wouldn't a mother encourage her child to pursue a great field like that. I would be teaching right now or at least have my degree and certification. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother but I think sometimes she just wanted me to be average and not to excel. Oh well enough for the pity.

On other news, I do think we have secured financing on the lot we our purchasing, we are closing on it the 29th.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails